Dance Studio Life Magazine, January 2015 Issue
January 2015 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
A World of Dance
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
* Change in Direction : An artistic director does good by kids in genocide's aftermath.
* Breath, Energy, Soul : History and culture, fluidity and lyricism unite in Korean dance.
* Ballet Scene : French Lessons : Ballet-themed trip to France combines art, history, dance eduction--and even romance.
* From Temple Dance to Today's Stages : Exploring the history, mystery, and culture of belly dance.
* Around the World : Costumes and backdrops with an international flair.
* Fun and Games : Helping yong dancers find their voices through improv.
* Bright Biz Idea : Dance on the Go : Daycare center classes off a business model with no studio required.
Plus our Departments & Columns:
* On My Mind : Words from the publisher
* Click! : Online must-sees from the Rhee Gold Company
* FYI : What's up in the dance community
* Page Turners : Books of note (new and not)
* Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not)
* Classroom Connection
* Teacher in the Spotlight : Lisa Eisemann
* Thinking Out Loud : Embracing Choreography with HUGS
* 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Diagonals and Pirouettes
* 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Mixed Levels
* 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Risk-taking and Groundedness
* 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Grooves and "Indian" Step
* 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : The Baroque Period, Part 3
* College Close-Ups : University at Buffalo (SUNY) : What students need to know about college and university dance programs.
* Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see.
* Ask Rhee Gold
* 1,000 Words