Dance Studio Life Magazine, December 2014 Issue
December 2014 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
Hip-Hop & Jazz!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
* Jazz Duet : Two sisters, two coasts, two styles of dance.
* Studying the Classix : Atlanta-based dance crew proves hip-hop isn't only for the young.
* Bright Biz Idea : Happy Hip-Hop Birtheday! : Boost profits and fun with kid-cool dance parties.
* In Their Corner : Using tap and boxing, and digging deep, Joe Orrach helps others find their voices.
* Hip-Hop Lineup : Monthly guest teachers amp up the training at Wildwood Dance & Arts.
* Higher-Ed Voice : Jazz Dance x 3 : A sampling of university jazz dance degree programs.
* Ballet Scene : Tutu Fabulous : Making costume confections takes skill, patience, and years of experience.
* Onstage Nationwide : Our exclusive list puts competitions and conventions at your fingertips.
Plus our regular departments and columns:
On My Mind : Words from the Publisher
Mail : Words from our readers.
FYI : What's up in the dance community.
Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
Teacher in the Spotlight : Nancy Pattison
Thinking Out Loud : A Nip in the Bud
2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Shoulder Sits
2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Time Steps
2 Tips for Modern Teachers : Inviting and Allowing
2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Know Your History
2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : The Baroque Period, Part 2
College Close-ups : Roger Williams University : What students need to know about college and university dance programs.
Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see.
Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers.