Dance Studio Life Magazine, November 2014 Issue
November 2014 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
5, 6, 7, 8! KIDS!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
* Ballet Scene : Up, Up, and Plie! : Superhero-themed community outreach program teaches kids about healthy choices and ballet.
* Tuning In : Readers recommend their favorite music for young dancers.
* Dance Without Limits : Dance for All : Methods for teaching dance to people with special needs.
* Dance Without Limits : Special Delivery : Three approaches to teaching students with disabilities.
* Dance Without Limits : Dance With Todd : Adaptive Dance classes produce small victories, big results.
* Kid Stuff : Fun new teaching tools, music, gear, and more.
* Deancing a Mile in Their Shoes : Parent participation classes create closeness, respect, and fun.
* Bright Biz Idea : Coffee Klatch Meets Ballet : Informal, informative, and free; ballet "coffee hours" boost interest and bring in supporters.
Ballet Scene : Ballet in Cleveland : If one determined woman gets her way, Ohio's second-largest city will see a resurgence in ballet.
Bright Biz Ideas : Frightful Fundraising : A haunted house fundraiser makes competition costs a little less scary.
Higher-Ed Voice : Top Tap Programs : Step aside, ballet and modern -- tap stakes a claim in higher-ed.
Plus our regular departments and columns:
On My Mind
Teacher in the Spotlight
Thinking Out Loud
2 Tips for Ballet Teachers
2 Tips for Tap Teachers
2 Tips for Modern Teachers
2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers
2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers
College Close-ups : Saint Mary's College of California
Ask Rhee Gold