Dance Studio Life Magazine, October 2014 Issue
October 2014 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
* Super Staging : For performances that educate students and entertain audiences, look beyond steps to the dynamics of space, time, and place.
* Cut, Line, and Shine : What's good and what's not in costuming your kids.
* Program Books With Punch : Make a profit, a keepsake, and a positive impression.
* Ready, Set, Show! : Spice up your recitals for year to come with versatile modular set pieces.
* Artwork Meets Footwork : Dances with a fine-arts theme make a unique recital concept.
* A Fabulous Finish : Cap off a great recital with a finale that fits.
* Making an Entrance : Creative lobby displays wow crowds before the show begins.
* Magic Touch : How to punch up a show with projections.
* Recital Regalia : Costumes to light up any stage.
Ballet Scene : Ballet in Cleveland : If one determined woman gets her way, Ohio's second-largest city will see a resurgence in ballet.
Bright Biz Ideas : Frightful Fundraising : A haunted house fundraiser makes competition costs a little less scary.
Higher-Ed Voice : Top Tap Programs : Step aside, ballet and modern -- tap stakes a claim in higher-ed.
Plus our regular departments and columns:
On My Mind
Teacher in the Spotlight
Thinking Out Loud
2 Tips for Ballet Teachers
2 Tips for Tap Teachers
2 Tips for Modern Teachers
2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers
2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers
College Close-ups : Oklahoma City University
Ask Rhee Gold