Dance Studio Life Magazine, September 2014 Issue
September 2014 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
THIS ISSUE’S FEATURES
* In This Moment : What defines good performance and how to help students discover themselves onstage.
* Team Unity : Events, games, and activities designed to help competition dance groups perform as one.
* Tap on the International Stage : A judge's-eye view of a championship competition in Germany.
* Kids for Kids : Giving is at the heart of a competition that rewards student fundraisers.
* The Inside Scoop : Competition directors' thoughts on choreography, memorable dances, and positive trends.
* Write It Down : Part 2: Notating choreography
* The Competition Scene : How it's changed and what it offers, through the eyes of three judges.
* Mind Games : Investing in dance pays off with a win-win attitude.
* Cultural Connection : Latin dance clubs help kids find roots, discover traditions.
* Onstage Options : Three ways to offer students performance experience beyond the norm.
* Ballet Scene : Welcome to Pineapple Tree : Dance troupe lets Arkansas locals collaborate, create, and perform.
* Bright Biz Idea : Nonprofits : Step by Step... 4 directors on the realities and rewards of running a nonprofit school.