Dance Studio Life Magazine, August 2014 Issue
August 2014 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
THIS ISSUE’S FEATURES
* Guys on Good Footing : Creating a boys' program that works.
* Ballet Scene : Pointe Prep : Gearing up for pointe work involves the mind and core as well as the feet.
* Talking Tap : The truth about tap dance according to Savion Glover.
* Spectrum of Risks : Why and how to encourage your students to leave their comfort zone.
* Improving with Age : The trials and satisfactions of teaching past 50.
* Write it Down : Part 1: Notating music.
* Lens on the World : Why dance history matters to every student.
* Bright Biz Idea : From Congregations to Classes : Former churches make heavenly havens as dance schools.
* Motivation Matters : What to do when morale takes a nosedive.
* Effective Email : Creating messages that deliver.
* Higher-Ed Voice : Dance for the Camera : Step aside, dance documentation--screendance is its own art form.
* A Century of Service : Dance Teachers Club of Boston remains loyal to its cause.
* Wish-List Shopping : From practical to enriching and educational, new products for studio and self.