Dance Studio Life Magazine, May/June 2014 Issue
May/June 2014 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
THIS ISSUE’S FEATURES
* Pay-What-You-Can in Paradise : On the island of Maui, a donation-based school enphasizes community and opportunity.
* Come Together : How to mak estaff meetings pay
* Before the Goodbye : Strategies to engage and keep students who say they aren't jazzed about dance.
* Bright Biz Idea : Time vs. Money : How school owners can manage their time to yield the most value.
* In With the New : How to take over a school without the trauma of transition.
* So Long, Next Egg, Hello Dance : How two dance lovers tapped into their retirement time and money and bought a school.
* Ballet Scene : Shuffles and Chasses : Tap meets ballet at Thomas Armour Youth Ballet, and the results are anything but mixed.
* Higher-Ed Voice : "C" Is for Choice : College, conservatory, or a hybrid? How to parse the options in post-secondary dance education.
* Straight Talk : 10 competition judges offer wisdom and wish lists.
* Teaching Top Talent : More is better when it comes to training exceptional students.