August 2016 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
• Soccer, Superheroes, and Dance : Boys-only classes offer fun, male bonding, and athleticism -- and a gateway to formal training.
• Mindful Marketing : Beyond the Open House
• Ballet Scene : Innovation Meets Tradition : Using alternative methods to teach ballet.
• Tell It Like It Is : A system of teacher evaluations and pay increases promotes communication and job satisfaction.
• Bright Biz Ideas : Social Media Gurus and Sunshine Directors : Studio owners look beyond front desk staffers for help with their businesses.
• Shopping Spree : Dance decor, clothing, bags, music, teaching aids, and more.
• Higher-Ed Voice : Life as an Adjunct : The realities of teaching in college and university dance programs.
• Treasure Troves of Dance : Research and resources are only clicks away via online archives.
• That's the I.D.E.A. : New organization focuses on the entrepreneurial side of dance education
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not).
• Thinking Out Loud : Dance Class Matters
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Facing the Barre and Lifted Balances
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Military Tap Dance
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : "Relinquish Your Ribs" and Rhythmic Turns
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Introducing Freestyle
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see.
• College Close-Ups : University of Minnesota--Twin Cities : What students need to know about college and university dance programs.
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers.
• Dance History Quiz : Fun facts for teachers and students
• Dance Bag: Classifieds
• 1,000 Words