March/April 2017 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
Modern & Contemporary Dance
• Cool and Contemporary : 4 choreographers share inspiration, approaches, and advice.
• Exploring Contemporary Dance : What it is -- and what it can do for your students and your school.
• Costumes Count : How four teachers find the best fit for their dancers.
• Fantastic Beats and Where to Find Them : Teachers and choreographers share songs and musical advice for contemporary dance.
• A Step Ahead : Fusionworks' public school residencies teach academic concepts through modern dance.
* * *
• Higher-Ed Voice : A Teacher Lab for Creativity : Montana college students get hands-on experience teaching kids.
• Tap Festivals : Our 2017 guide to tap festivals in the U.S. and abroad.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the Publisher
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not)
• Thinking Out Loud : How to Create a Modern Dance Curriculum
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Pliés and Tours in Men's Class
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Finishing Touches
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Changing Front and Sharing Weight
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Classic '90s Hip-Hop: The Reebok
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : The Ballets Russes and Petrushka
• College Close-Ups : Emory University
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words