August 2017 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
• A Culture of Kindness, by and for Kids : National Wingman for Dance empowers students to create a welcoming environment.
• Best Job Ever : Teaching dance can be frustrating, exhausting, and low-paying. So why do we do it?
• Class Act : How to create effective -- and adaptable -- lesson plans.
• Athletics vs. Arabesques : How dance teachers manage studio time for students in sports.
• Time on Your Side : Get organized with recital and competition timelines.
• Check. Please : How to vet potential studio employees.
• Top Gear : Specialty dancewear, great gifts, rolling bags, and pickle juice.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the Publisher
• FYI : What's up in the dance community
• Media Hub : Onscreen, on the page, and online.
• Inspiration Wall : Airborne!
• Tips for Ballet Teachers : "Music is the Boss" and Ballet Knees
• Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Building Community in Class
• Tips for Special-Needs Teachers : Communication: Receptive & Expressive Language
• Dollars, Cents, and Due Diligence : Common Mistakes New Small Businesses Make
• Teacher Tune-up : The Feeling is Mutual
• Competition Zone : Artistry with Cathy Roe
• Studio Style : West Valley Dance Academy : Makeovers, renovations, and dream spaces
• Wearing It Well : By Design with Lauren Weissman
• Did You Know? " Dance History Quiz, A Colorful History: Gene Kelly
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words