August 2018 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
Want to buy 10 or more copies? Use the code BULKMAGS at checkout and get a 50% discount!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
• Making the Message Heard : Studios have many ways to communicate with clients -- but is anyone listening?
• Invitation to Talk : Whether you hold staff meetings or one-on-one coffee chats, make sure you're making time to listen to your employees' suggestions.
• Acro-tastic : Take advantage of today's tumbling craze by adding acro dance to your schedule.
• The Kids Are All Right : Teaching other people's children takes you away from your own. How to make that work for you, and them.
• Growing Pains : Healthy student enrollment is vital to financial success. Here's how to make it happen.
• If I Only Knew... : Studio owners look back at how it all began, and the lessons they've learned.
• Great Gear : Items to start your season off in style.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Media Hub : Onscreen, on the page, and online.
• Tips for Ballet Teachers : Holding Plie and Feeling "Ballet Muscles"
• Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Scaffolding Difficult Moves
• Tips for Special-Needs Teachers : Finding the Just-Right Challenge
• In My Humble Opinion : Keeping the Fire Burning
• Dollars, Cents, and Due Diligence : You Need a Business Plan--and Here's Why
• Teacher Tune-Up : Kindness in Our Community
• Competition Zone : The Value of Understudies
• Studio Style : Dance Innovations Dance Center : Makeovers, renovations, and dream spaces.
• Did You Know? : Dance History Quiz
• A Colorful History : Cats
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words