December 2017 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
The Soul of Dancing
• A Community Takes Care of Its Own : Dance world comes together for an awards show like no other.
• Dancing for Darby : Parents' loss becomes dance world's gain.
• Dance With Destiny : Milk Carton on a String changes its students' -- and its founder's -- lives.
• Falling Back in Love With Your Studio : What to do when the going gets rough.
• Learning Language, Step by Step : Dance Another World teaches English through dance.
• Curtain Up : Scout the competition scene with our comprehensive guide.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• In My Humble Opinion : A Culture Worth Preserving
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Media Hub : Onscreen, on the page, and online.
• Inspiration Wall : Emotion in Motion
• Tips for Ballet Teachers : Using Landmarks and Boosting Morale
• Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Low-Stress Cypher Exercises
• Tips for Special-Needs Teachers : Fostering Motor Skills
• Dollars, Cents, and Due Diligence : Should My Studio Have a Retirement Plan?
• Teacher Tune-Up : Creating a Life You Love
• Competition Zone : Winning With Dan Barris
• Studio Style : Island School of Performing Arts : Makeovers, renovations, and dream spaces
• Wearing It Well : Curtain Call on the Art of the Catalog
• Did You Know? : History Quiz, A Colorful History : The Nutcracker
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words
Want to buy 10 or more copies? Use the code BULKMAGS at checkout and get a 50% discount!