February 2017 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
SUMMER & WELLNESS
• GirlPower! : How a dance-based wellness practice equips adolescent girls for puberty.
• A New Look at Nia : The evolution of a holistic movement practice for body, mind, and soul.
• Learning in Reel Time : School of Creative and Performing Arts dance intensives focus on video dance preparation and onscreen performance.
• Summertime Teacher Training : Your 2017 guide to workshops and intensives across the U.S.
• Tapping Into Fitness : Aaron Tolson's Sole Power workout is a happy combo of tap, fun, and fitness.
• Rhythm Works Wonders : Integrative dance program teaches hip-hop to students with physical and cognitive challenges.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not).
• Thinking Out Loud : The Bottom Line and the Big Picture
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : B-Plus and Gut Check
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Choosing Music for Class and Performance
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : "Push Carry" and Running
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Playing with Tempo Changes
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : The Ballets Russes: Polovtsian Dances and Scheherazade
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see.
• College Close-Ups : Sweet Briar College : What students need to know about college and university dance programs.
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers.
• Dance History Quiz : Fun facts for teachers and students
• Dance Bag: Classifieds
• 1,000 Words