February 2018 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
Body and Mind + Summer
• A Place in the Sun : Use summer camps to boost studio revenue and enrollment.
• Dancing at Disney : What to know before you go
• You're Out! : How to keep your studio running smoothly when you take time off.
• Great Beginnings : Ease students into class with an opening ritual.
• Coming on Strong : Smart conditioning can help keep kids injury-free.
• Summertime Teacher Training : Your 2018 guide to workshops and intensives across the U.S.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Media Hub : Onscreen, on the page, and online.
• Tips for Ballet Teachers : Winding Up & Shoulder Tension in Pirouettes
• Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Rhythm Skills
• Tips for Special Needs Teachers : Encouraging Self-Help
• Dollars, Cents, and Due Diligence : How to Track Your Expenses
• Teacher Tune-Up : Lots of Love
• Competition Zone : Good Humor Goes a Long Way
• Studio Style : Makeovers, renovations, and dream spaces : Southwest Synergy Dance
• Wearing It Well : Costume Cleaning Tips From The Line Up
• Did You Know? : Who is Raven Wilkinson? • A Colorful History: Misty Copeland
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words
Want to buy 10 or more copies? Use the code BULKMAGS at checkout and get a 50% discount!