January 2016 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
A World of Dance
• Eastern Influences : Japanese traditions in American dance schools preserve culture and promote awareness.
• Compassion, Cooperation, Creativity : Teaching inner-city kids to embrace ethnic differences and personal growth through dance.
• Dancing to Connect : Movement for cultural diplomacy at Battery Dance.
• Globetrotting : Costumes and bakdrops for a world of themes.
~ ~ ~ ~
• Bright Biz Idea : Build a Brochure : The classic trifold delivers essentials--and punch.
• Homegrown Homework : How to find and create professional development.
• Picture Perfect : Stellar photos and videos help students ace auditions.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the Publisher
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not)
• Thinking Out Loud : From Good to Great
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Cabriole Fouetté and One-Legged Finishes
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Heel and Toe Drops
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Contractions and Expressive Feet
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Arm Wave and Slowing Down
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : La Sylphide and Reels
• Teacher in the Spotlight : Kristin Kudla
• College Close-Ups : Alabama State University
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers.
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words