January 2018 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
The Language of Dance
• In a World : World of Dance unites global community through events and media.
• Ballet Beyond Borders : Montana dance festival has global reach.
• Geography of Ballet : A historical overview of ballet's beginnings.
• Pep in Their Steps : Latin Ballet of Virginia boosts student confidence with Be Proud of Yourself program.
• The Price of Rights : Learn to navigate music licensing.
• Contemporary Cool : Show off your flair with contemporary costumes and trendy backdrops.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Media Hub : Onscreen, on the page, and online.
• Inspiration Wall : Circles
• Tips for Tap Teachers : Three-Sound & Four-Sound Cramp Rolls
• Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Classroom Improv
• Tips for Preschool Teachers : Teaching Global Dance
• Taking Care of Business : Five Steps to Stepping Back
• Teacher Tune-Up : Who Am I?
• Competition Zone : Nonconforming Contemporary
• Studio Style : Makeovers, renovations, and dream spaces : Boston Ballet School Newton Studio
• Did You Know? : History Connection & A Colorful History
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words
Want to buy 10 or more copies? Use the code BULKMAGS at checkout and get a 50% discount!