July 2016 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
Celebrating the Holidays
• Creative Concepts : Four unique holiday shows that suit dancers of all ages.
• Bright Biz Ideas : Making Merry, Making Money : Houston Ballet's holiday market extraordinaire offers tips for success at any size.
• Hope for the Holidays : An Arizona studio makes a Christmastime show an occasion for charity.
• Mindful Marketing : "Sell" Your Studio at Holiday Events
• Save the Date : Turn the page on the new year with student-focused studio calendars.
• All Decked Out : Year-round holiday costumes and backdrops.
• Sister Studios : When school owners share ideas, advice, and resources, everyone wins.
• Ballet Scene : Tying the Knot in Vegas : Nevada Ballet Theatre teams up with mighty Cirque du Soleil in a choreographic collaboration.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• Click! : What's new online at the Rhee Gold Co.
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not).
• Thinking Out Loud : Holidays and History Go Hand-in-Hand
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Multiple Ronds de Jambe
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Counterpoint
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : True Side Bends and the Pinkie Proposal
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Beginners' Dive and the Dodger
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see.
• College Close-Ups : West Virginia University : What students need to know about college and university dance programs.
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers.
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag: Classifieds
• 1,000 Words