July 2017 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
Holiday Help and Career Moves
• Just a Couple of Coworkers : Running a studio with your significant other.
• Holiday Helper : Hosting special events can spotlight your show during a busy season.
• Tough Nut : Acting exercises help coax Nutcracker performers out of their shells.
• Scaring Up a New Seasonal Show : Studios find success with Halloween fare.
• All Decked Out : Year-round holiday costumes and backdrops.
• One-Stop Shopping Draws Studio Crowd to UDMA Fall Shows : Annual trade show offers everything from software to shoes.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the Publisher
• FYI : What's up in the dance community
• In My Humble Opinion : Enjoying the rhythms of early childhood dance class
• Media Hub : Onscreen, on the page, and online.
• Inspiration Wall : Duets
• Tips for Tap Teachers : Everything old is new again
• Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Contemporary classroom etiquette
• Tips for Preschool Teachers : Start with focus and turn down the noise
• Taking Care of Business : Three steps to a scheduled season
• Teacher Tune-up : Rejuvenating body and soul
• Competition Zone : In the groove with Daniel De Franco
• Studio Style : Makeovers, renovations, and dream spaces
• History Connection: Did You Know? : Sean and John Scott discuss Alfred Desio. BONUS: A Colorful History, dance education coloring pages to clip and share with students : Gregory Hines
• College Close-Ups : Beloit College
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words