March/April 2016 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
Modern & Contemporary Dance
• Bright Biz Idea : Isadora, Martha, and You : Introducing your students to modern dance.
• Modern Dance ABCs : The essentials of six major methods.
• Unparalleled Peabody : How a music conservatory went modern (dance) and made its mark on history.
• Moving Still : A photo essay of selections from Lois Greenfield's latest bok.
~ ~ ~ ~
• Ballet Scene : Making It : A dance mom's quest for information becomes a podcast on ballet world success.
• Powerhouse of Jazz : The dance dynamo and life force that is Jackie Sleight.
• Tap Festivals : A 2016 guide to tap festivals in the U.S. and abroad.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the Publisher
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not)
• Thinking Out Loud : The Unseen Student
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Pivot Points and Partner Walks
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Riffs
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Parallel and Taylor Chassé
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Back Spin and Sweep
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : Polonaise vs. Mazurka
• College Close-Ups : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words