March/April 2018 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
Want to buy 10 or more copies? Use the code BULKMAGS at checkout and get a 50% discount!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
Technique & Training
• Room to Move : Improv study can boost students' creativity, resourcefullness.
• Curating Cunningham : Cunningham Technique teachers ensure a lasting legacy.
• Spring Cleaning : Suggestions for making your dances sparkle and shine.
• Steps Toward Creation : Budding choreographers learn basics in choreography class.
• Who Was Gail Grant? : We know her indispensable ballet dictionary--but do we know her?
• Expect the Unexpected : Thinking about emergency preparedness now can avoid headaches later.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Media Hub : Onscreen, on the page, and online.
• Inspiration Wall : Dance Outdoors
• Tips for Tap Teachers : Improving Step Recall
• Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : From Modern Technique to Contemporary Movement
• Tips for Preschool Teachers : Exploring Personal Space & Group Shapes
• In My Humble Opinion : Sacred Spaces
• Taking Care of Business : Five Steps to Surviving Summer
• Teacher Tune-Up : Just Be
• Competition Zone : Putting a Price on Winning
• Did You Know? : Dance History Quiz • A Colorful History: Katherine Dunham
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words