May/June 2016 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
• Bright Biz Idea : Clothing That Fits : Wholesale, retail, and online options for dancewear sales.
• Virtual Identity: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly : What your online presence says about your school and why it matters.
• Technology for Teachers : 21st-century tools and resources for the dance classroom.
• There's an App for That : Software and online resources for studio and stage.
• In Pursuit of Diversity : Broadening access to dance training for students of color.
• Ballet Scene : Walking the Walk in Memphis : New Ballet Ensemble & School makes a difference in Tennessee.
• Higher-Ed Voice : Making the Grade : Objective assessments in the subjective world of dance.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not).
• Thinking Out Loud : Dancing to Freedom
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Leg Stretches on the Barre
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Pickups
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Healthy Heads and Sequence Recall
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Explosive Movement and Social Dancing
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see.
• College Close-Ups : West Texas A&M University : What students need to know about college and university dance programs.
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers.
• Dance History Quiz : Fun facts for teachers and students.
• Dance Bag: Classifieds
• 1,000 Words