May/June 2017 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
• The Space Race : When your studio needs more room, should you rearrange, renovate, or relocate?
• High Fidelity : Simple steps studio owners can take to keep customers happy and coming back.
• Making a Good Impression : What does your studio's appearance say about your business?
• Thriving on the Outskirts : Part 1 : Growing enrollment in a remote or small-town studio.
• Thriving on the Outskirts : Part 2 : Recruiting teachers for a remote or small-town studio.
• Studio Support : Software, services, and equipment to make your business run better.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the Publisher
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not)
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Grand Battement to Side and Back
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Wings and Flash Steps
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Repetition and Preparedness
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : The Upper Body's Connected to the ... Lower Body
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : Hints for Recital and Exam Music
• College Close-Ups : Indiana University
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Dance History Quiz
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words