November 2015 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
At the Ballet
• Ballet on Broadway : In An American in Paris, dancing drives the show--and points to more dance in musicals of the future.
• Ballet Scene : Character Dance : Ballet's take on traditional dances offers partner skills, cultural awareness, and fun.
• Ballet, Danish Style : Utah's Bournonville Workshop. With the Masters proves this refined style is still relevant.
• Ballet Boutique : Teaching aids, clothing, music, and more.
~ ~ ~ ~
• Flexibility: Facts and Fictions : Three experts explore the latest thinking on safe, effective stretching.
• Bright Biz Ideas : The 21st-Century Office : Rethinking your school's administrative tasks cuts down on work, time, and stress.
• Outreach and Inroads : Jacques d"Amboise's National Dance Institute thrives in New Mexico.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the Publisher
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share
• FYI : What's up in the dance community
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not)
• Thinking Out Loud : Two for One
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : When Rond de Jambe is Wrong
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Tending to Adult Students
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Spirals and Using Progressions
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Camel Walk and Patty Duke
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : Early Ballet Music and Giselle
• Teacher in the Spotlight : Maggie Dennis
• Mindful Marketing : Yes, You Canva
• College Close-Ups : Arizona State University
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words