November 2017 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
Focus on the Classroom
• Bolshoi Ballet on the Big Screen : Using live performance cinema as a teaching tool.
• ABCs in Action, from Apple to Zig-Zag : Inspire young danceres with this alphabet of playful images.
• The Manly Arts : Focus turns to male dancers at National Dance Education Organization symposium.
• Mia Michaels' Next Move : Choreographer shares her skills -- and her philosophy -- in online subscription series.
• What a Concept! : Rhiannon Archerelle's Ballet Concepts class reframes classical training.
• Hip-Hop Toolbox : 21 basic moves to know and teach.
• Getting Kids in the Groove : New curriculums, music, props, and lessons for teaching preschool children
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Media Hub : Onscreen, on the page, and online.
• Inspiration Wall : Leotard & Tights
• Tips for Tap Teachers : Learning to Listen
• Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : The Benefits of Parallel
• Tips for Preschool Teachers : Clear Instructions and Key Words
• Taking Care of Business : Three Steps to an Organized Office
• Teacher Tune-Up : Don't Fear Change
• Competition Zone : Scheduling and Beyond
• Studio Style : LoMastro Performing Arts Academy : Makeovers, renovations, and dream spaces
• Did You Know? : Who is Robert Battle?; A Colorful History: Cinderella
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words