October 2015 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
• Only One Boy : Choreographic and costuming choices for when you do--or don't--want to single him out.
• Creativity Counts : Music editing adds edge and excitement to ho-hum songs.
• King of the Show : From small-town recitals to Broadway shows, stage managers call the shots.
• Concept to Choreography to Curtain : Theater basics plus hard work teach dance students the art of production.
• Costume Parade : Add zing to your recital with the latest designs.
~ ~ ~ ~
• Bright Biz Idea : Primed for Success : Part 5 in a series about business basics for aspiring school owners.
• Higher-Ed Voice : Dance at the Ivies : New respect for dance, and new opportunities, draw students to non-arts-focused schools.
• One for All : the 2015 DanceLife Teacher Conference : Five days of collegiality, generosity, and trust.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the Publisher
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share
• FYI : What's up in the dance community
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not)
• Thinking Out Loud : Encouraging Young Teachers
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Port de Bras for Jumps
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Released, Relaxed, and Ready
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Relaxed Placement and Direction Changes
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Box Step and 360-Degree Dancing
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : 20th-Century Music
• Teacher in the Spotlight : Lisa Marie Pelton
• College Close-Ups : Five College Dance Department
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for Dance Teachers
• Dance History Quiz : Fun facts for teachers and students
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words