October 2016 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
• Thinking Out Loud : Ballet? Bring It On!
• Mindful Marketing : From the Heart
• From the Top -- Again : Keeping repetition fresh and fun for students and teachers.
• Repetition Through Play : 11 low-cost games and creative ideas to keep students engaged.
• Skin Is In : Step aside, ballet pink--new color options for tights and shoes reflect dance's demographics.
• Glitter & Glamour : Costume styles to glitz up your recital stage
• Talking Tap : Pick up the lowdown on tap styles, terms, and history.
• Ballet Scene : Popular Balanchine : A look at the flip side of a ballet genius.
• Higher-Ed Voice : Embodied Scholarship : Dance studies of a different stripe are the norm at Middlebury College
• Re-Mastering Modern Dance : University of Washington MFA student company preserves historically significant dance works.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• Bulletin Board : Pin. Post. Share.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Page Turners : Books of note (new and not).
• Moving Images : Videos of note (new and not).
• 2 Tips for Ballet Teachers : Pointe Shoe Drill and Fondu Footwork
• 2 Tips for Tap Teachers : Building a Foundation
• 2 Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Landing Jumps and Trusting Partners
• 2 Tips for Hip-Hop Teachers : Sitting in the Pocket
• 2 Music Tips for Dance Teachers : Glazunov's Raymonda
• Performance Corner : Our sneak peek at dance shows we'd love to see.
• College Close-Ups : Florida State University : What students need to know about college and university dance programs.
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers.
• Dance History Quiz : Fun facts for teachers and students.
• Dance Bag: Classifieds
• 1,000 Words