Dance Studio Life Magazine, September 2017 Issue
September 2017 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
Competitions & Conventions
• Tune In, Turn Off : The benefits of finding a work-life balance.
• Talk Therapy : How to prepare for challenging questions and difficult conversations.
• A Day in the Life of Joffrey Elite : The pre-professional dance team takes the competition stage.
• Agree to Agree : Write a studio agreement yoiu and your competitive students can live with.
• Rules of Engagement : Defining -- and enforcing -- ethical competition behavior.
• Grand Tour : The unconventional history of dance conventions.
• Dance on Demand : How to stay fresh when you're choreographing multiple dances a year.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community
• Media Hub : Onscreen, on the page, and online
• In My Humble Opinion : Better Behavior = Better Conventions
• Inspiration Wall : Unison
• Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Can Your Students Tell Modern from Contemporary?
• Tips for Tap Teachers : Take the Shuffle From Simple to Complex
• Tips for Preschool Teachers : Performance Prep
• Taking Care of Business : Four Steps to Setting and Reaching Your Goals
• Teacher Tune-Up : Keeping Current
• Studio Style : Dance Images DAnce & Music Center
• Competition Zone : A New Awareness of Age-Appropriateness
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from teachers
• Did You Know? : Kate Harpootlian, A Colorful History
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words