September 2018 Dance Studio Life
Dance Studio Life, a magazine with a back-to-basics approach, is a division of the Rhee Gold Company, whose mission is to be at the forefront of dance and education by promoting the highest possible standards in teaching. Dance Studio Life understands the soul of the teaching field. Visit www.dancestudiolife.com for more info!
Want to buy 10 or more copies? Use the code BULKMAGS at checkout and get a 50% discount!
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
• Who Owns Your Choreography? : It might be you -- or it might not. Protect your rights by learning the ins and outs of intellectual property law.
• Pay to Play : From meals to airfare, expenses can add up for staffers traveling with your team. Here's how to manage and mitigate those costs.
• The Boys of Temecula : Cross-training, pro mentors, and motivation area winning mix for Temecula Dance Company's male dancers.
• Road Trip -- With Kids : Group travel is an adventure. Plan ahead and leave the headaches at home.
• Happy Holidays -- Studio traditions give students and parents events to remember.
Departments & Columns
• On My Mind : Words from the publisher.
• FYI : What's up in the dance community.
• Media Hub : Onscreen, on the page, and online.
• Inspiration Wall : Six-O'Clock Extensions
• Tips for Tap Teachers : Moving Beyond Improv to Choreography
• Tips for Modern & Contemporary Teachers : Memorized Warm-Ups
• Tips for Preschool Teachers : Become a Classroom Zen Master
• In My Humble Opinion : Keeping the Fire Burning
• Taking Care of Business : Ban the "Can't Afford It" Blues
• Teacher Tune-Up : Bring Back That Family Feeling
• In My Humble Opinion : I Just See Her
• Studio Style : Performer's Edge Dance Center
• Wearing It Well : Thrifty Possibilities
• Did You Know? : Who is Michelle Dorrance?
• A Colorful History : The Nicholas Brothers
• Ask Rhee Gold : Advice for dance teachers
• Collective Wisdom : Ideas and advice from our readers
• Dance Bag : Classifieds
• 1,000 Words